Thursday, October 25, 2012

Necromancer: Idun

Hey everyone.
Wanted to show some progress on one of my newest projects.
It is a female character named Idun, she is named that way after the girl from norse mythology who carries apples of youth for the ases ( dominant "specie" of gods :)).
the trick about this girl, is that she is a necromancer! she keeps stuff alive in different ways you gotta say.

This is part of the creature creation for production program that runs at phoenix atelier with cesar dacol jr. as teacher.
And I gotta say, that guy is a truly amazing teacher, if you get the chance to get him to tutor you, I would say go for it, it is a great experience.

First off I went through different design Ideas. But I ended up with this quite skinny yet powerful woman.


First off I get my orthographics done, this really helps a lot especially after the newer versions of zbrush has implemented an easy way to use imageplanes when you sculpt.




Next comes Zspheres, this is really simple to be honest. just a basic skeleton and from there I pull out the silhoutte of my character using mainly move, inflat and smooth. This is an easy task when you have your imageplanes to back you up! :)

Lastly I just started some sculpting. Consulting my teacher he felt I should get my foundation down before starting to place the female parts of the chest area.
Still keeping the subdivision very low, only at the 3rd one at this point.
we will see where this takes me from now on. It is kind of a different approach, but It is work nicely for me I feel.


No comments:

Post a Comment