Thursday, October 18, 2012

Motion capture character.

So at school we recently started a little project to learn motion capture, which is awesome!
And I gotta say, I was in that suit watching myself live on a screen, being troll that I made myself.
That feeling was great! and we had so much fun doing it, only bad part about being the guy in the suit gotta be the heat, cause those suit are so tight and no air goes through, so even doing a walk cycle you are gonna sweat like you are doing  you workouts at the gym! :)

We have to take this motion capture information and clean it up and use it in a game with certain criteria.
We will deliver the finished game Wednesday so deadline is closing in on us here!
Our game is gonna be about a troll waking up from his hibernation, and quickly realising his cave is falling apart, and he gotta get out quick!

as of now I am just sitting betweem motion builder and maya and cleaning the motion capture data and making it ready for the game. I gotta say motion capture is not too ideal for cycles without a treadmill, but we do this for exercise so I guess it is okay!

Not too long ago I did our main character and I will show it to you here!
When the game is done I am gonna post some pictures of how it looks ingame, and you might be lucky enough to see a picture of me suited up in a mocap suit! ;)

Here is the troll


No comments:

Post a Comment